Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sally Hanson Big Matte Top Coat Review


Today I'll be reviewing the Sally Hanson Big Matte Top Coat, this product was released in the recent I Heart Nail Art collection from Sally Hanson with a variety of other "Big" top coats. They have a Big Shiny Top Coat, Big Glitter Top Coat, Big Smokey Top Coat, Big Shimmer Top Coat, and a Big Crackle Top Coat. The only other one I am curious about trying is the smokey top coat, I've never seen or heard of another product that is a smokey top coat. But the display I saw at my local CVS only had the matte and shiny top coats still in it, if I had the option I would've picked that one up too. I know Sally Hanson makes some amazing top coats and that made me confident enough to pick this one up because it was a total impulse buy.
Two coats of Revlon Colorstay Bold Sangria with one coat of the Big Matte Top Coat
 As you can see one coat totally mattifies the polish and I left a sliver of polish without the top coat to show the contrast. 
After 3-4 days of wear
Unfortunately after a few days of wear time the completely flat matte turns into what I would call somewhere between a glossy matte and satin finish. It hasn't totally turned shiny, as you can see the sliver at the base of the nail is still a bit more shiny. If I wanted to I could re-apply and that would take away the shine, but I wanted to just stick with one for this review's sake. And since Revlon Colorstay polish is very long wearing I really can't say if this extended the wear of my polish at all even thought it didn't claim to. Because this is the only matte top coat I own I don't know if this fading is normal, but I intend on purchasing a "high-end" (OPI or Essie) matte top coat  for comparison and then I can possibly recommend or not recommend this product as I will mention in the haul when it is uploaded on Friday. When that video does go live you can view it by clicking the videos tab at the top of the page. And on a somewhat related note if you want to keep up to date with my posts you can follow me on Bloglovin or Google Friend Connect which are also at the top of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment