Saturday, December 28, 2013

Wet 'N Wild Fast Dry Nail Polish Gift Set Review and Swatches




First of all I would like to say a big thank you to my best friend in the whole entire world, Becca for gifting me this for Christmas this year and making this review possible. She said she got this set at Wegmans and I don't know if it's available anymore but all these colors are permanent in their regular line so you can still buy the full sizes of all 8. The full size polishes sell for $1.99 a piece if you were interested. All swatches were done without top or base coats. Also I am going to apologize for my inability to paint my nails and not get polish on my cuticles beforehand.

I love how these polishes are named after TV shows, and I'm glad they have names because numbers don't have any resonance with me. The first two are Everybody Loves Redmond and The Gold & the Beautiful. 
2 coats of Everybody Loves Redmond
Everybody Loves Redmond is a jelly red bordering on scarlet with no shimmer, and as you can see it is pretty opaque in 2 coats. 
3 coats of The Gold & the Beautiful
The Gold & the Beautiful is an orangy gold glitter, but the glitter isn't dense enough to be worn alone. As you can see above my nail is still visible through the polish.
1 coat of The Gold & the Beautiful over 2 coats of Buffy the Violet Slayer
It looks much better as a glitter top coat, and gives a nice even finish over the entire nail in one coat.

Now I realized I photographed them out of order...but  the next two I swatched were Silvivor and Saved by the Blue.
2 coats of Silvivor

Silvivor is your standard metallic silver foil polish, nothing special about it.
2 coats of Saved by the Blue
Saved by the Blue is a metallic royal blue, again pretty opaque in 2 coats but a third would make it solid.

The second to last group I swatched were SaGreena the Teenage Witch and Buffy the Violet Slayer
3 coats of SaGreena the Teenage Witch
SaGreena the Teenage Witch is a nice emerald green with shimmer. This polish was the only one I had application problems with, it was patchy and streaky on the first 2 coats abut the third evened it out.
2 coats of Buffy the Violet Slayer
Buffy the Violet Slayer is a royal purple with shimmer, and this is my favorite color from this set .

And the last two in the set are Party of Five Glitters and the Clear Coat

1 coat of Party of Five Glitters over 1 coat of Saved by the Blue
Party of Five Glitters has large silver, medium pink, blue, and green, and small red hexagonal glitter. If applied properly in one coat you can get good coverage across the whole nail. And the clear coat is nothing special, just a clear nail polish.

And now that we are done with swatches let's talk about the formula, wear time etc. This polish claims to dry in 60 seconds so I broke out the timer to test that.


And it did dry in under 60 seconds! Yay! But when wearing these polishes without a base coat but with the included top coat I see major chipping within 1 or 2 days. That can be easily fixed with a heavy duty base and top coat. A few of these shades are very unique and worth picking up like Everybody Loves Redmond, The Gold & the Beautiful, Party of Five Glitters, Buffy the Violet Slayer, and Saved by the Blue. The ones that aren't worth it are Silvivor because it's such a basic shade and you can find the same shade with a better formula for around the same price, SaGreena the Teenage Witch for the bad application and the Clear Coat because there are much better topcoats at the drugstore. If you do see this kit though I would recommend picking it up.
P.S. The file sucks don't even bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment