Friday, February 14, 2014

5 Favorite "My Lips But Better" Products


If you guys haven't seen the video that corresponds with this post or vice-versa I just wanted to go a bit more in-depth on the specific colors I mentioned.
  
From Right to Left Elf Matte Lip Color in Natural, Kate Moss #17 by Rimmel, Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey, and the Buxom Full On Lip Polish in Dolly
  • The Elf Matte Lip Color is the least expensive of the bunch at $3, and it is also the most brown toned. I love the formula of these matte lip colors because they don't dry my lips out and feel semi-moisturizing if that is even possible. 
  • The Kate Moss Lipstick is the most opaque of all and is also the most pink. I love this lipstick because it is your basic everyday pink with just enough nude to be considered a "My Lips But Better" type shade.
  • The Revlon Lip Butter is the most moisturizing option out of the 5 and is subsequently the most sheer. But since the color is sheer it gives the appearance of slightly berry toned lips without being too opaque and vampy.
  • The Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain is also a balmy formula but it isn't as moisturizing as a lip butter. I chose this product because of its staining abilities, I can put this on on the morning before school and still see color when I return home. The color is a pink toned mauve and makes my lips look just slightly deeper and glossy. And that will wear off and leave your lips looking naturally mauvey.
  • The most expensive product here is the Buxom Full on Lip Polish which I wasn't sure the price of in my video but I checked and a full-size retails for $19 (more expensive than I said in the video). But I love this formula of lip gloss/lip plumper because it is sticky enough to make it very long-wearing but not annoying sticky. This color is almost identical to the Revlon balm stain but just in gloss form.



No comments:

Post a Comment